Sunday, February 24, 2008


Because Benjie Molina was held out of practice again today, Pablo Sandoval got to take BP and play with the big boys on the main field. Sandoval was hitting line drives all over the field and he was making some LOUD contact. Pablo was a thirdbaseman who was converted to catcher, however, he took groundballs at 1B during BP. Pablo has very quick and soft hands, but has a very strange technique. Look at his right hand behind his back as he fields the ball. I guess they really drummed the need for a catcher to hide that right hand into his head. I never saw anyone do that at 1B though.

3 comments:

KRB said...

So that is what a 21 year old looks like??

Anonymous said...

If I remember correctly, Pablo was a catcher before they moved him to 3rd base.

Giantfan9 said...

I had only heard of him being a thirdbaseman and a catcher. I looked up his stats and it turns out he has 96 games as catcher, 91 at 3B and 136 at 1B in the Minors.