Tuesday, February 27, 2007

What we have all been waiting for. Tim Lincecum had a 1-2-3 inning, getting Ochoa to flyout to LF on one pitch, striking out DeLaRosa swinging, and getting a hard hit linedrive out to left CF from Schierholtz. It was hard for me to get a good line on him, because he threw very few pitches in his one inning of work.....I would say maybe 7 or 8. I can tell you he throws a lot harder than he has any right to with that little body. He also threw an off-speed pitch (not sure what it was) to get DeLaRosa to look silly while waving at it to strikeout swinging. It looks like he hides the ball well. I don't think the hitters can see it until the last second.

Manager Bruce Bochy sat on the field, in a folding chair, behind a BP screen, behind homeplate while Lincecum pitched. I am sure he was trying not to show too much emotion, but when the inning was over Bochy walked back to the dugout with a smirk on his face and slightly shaking his head. I took that to mean he was impressed.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pic!

Anonymous said...

This kid looks impressive....I may have to drive out to Fresno for a game!!!

allfrank said...

Fantastic news that 1) Bochy went out to take a look and 2) he was impressed. That says a lot, I think

Anonymous said...

What? He didn't strike out the side?

Anonymous said...

I love this pic. It's my new desktop background. :)

Juan said...

His dad is right, that is a pretty old school looking delivery. It's like Kaufax meets David Cone meets (name random pitcher of the 30s and 40s).

Great pic.

And chance he'll be the opening day starter for SJ?

-chef

Anonymous said...

Tince wears high socks! How cool is that?!

Anonymous said...

im happy that nate hit tim hard...you didnt mention if nate saw any curves from tim tho

Giantfan9 said...

Today was the first day for the high socks look for Lincecum. All the other photos I have on him show him wearing long pants. Maybe he is taking after Barry Zito?

Anonymous said...

Are Zito and (possibly) Lincecum the only current hi-soxers? I know Ellison is one, but I don't really count him as current.

Giantfan9 said...

I would have to look through all of my photos (all 1236 of them) to say for sure. But I can't remember too many other "Hi-soxers". Just looking through today you have Bowles and Velez. Not too many Major Leaguers.