Saturday, February 03, 2007

It's Almost That Time Again

Scottsdale Stadium from the Press Box 2-19-06


Well boys and girls, Giants pitchers and catchers report on February 14th, with the first workout scheduled for the next day. Only 12 more days until baseball begins again......and not a moment too soon. I am looking forward to many afternoons in the sun (as well as chilly San Francisco evenings) watching my favorite team over the next 8 or 9 months.

I head down to Scottsdale on Wednesday (February 7th) and will be there until after the Giants last game in Arizona on March 28th. I finally decided to fire this blog up and detail my SpringTraining experiences again this year. I don't know how detailed my coverage will be, I will just have to play that by ear. I started this blog because the coverage of Giants Spring Training was pretty abysmal. I spent October and November 2006 in Scottsdale following the Arizona Fall League. I had intended to blog the AFL, but the coverage was so good this year, that I thought it would be a duplication of effort for me to cover the league. I don't know how good Spring Training coverage will be this year.......but that will determine how complete my blog will be. If the coverage is good........I might just post photos. I just don't know at this time.

There is another variable, in that Google took over this blogging site and the software system is different than I used last year. The new system makes it impossible for me to use the third party software I used for posting photos last year. With Google....it is their way or the highway.....and their system makes posting photos a little cumbersome. If anyone has any ideas for posting photos that bypasses Google's system, please let me know. The content of this blog, over the spring, will probably be in inverse proportion to the amount of time it takes me to do the posting. I am nowhere near a computer expert and I can barely type using the "two-fingered" method.

I will probably compose a few more posts before the first practice session on the 15th. I need to figure this sytem out and find the easiest/best method to post photos.

Welcome to Spring Training 2007!

5 comments:

Daria said...

did u upgrade the blog or kept it the old way? the old way let you just upload photos to the blog with what they have, but the only problem was that it wouldnt' be in the order you wanted and or you could just do one post at a time. let me know which version you have. i didn't upgrade because i didn't know how that would effect my posting of pictures.

Giantfan9 said...

I upgraded to the new way. I don't see much difference between the old way or the new way as far as photos go. Both only allow one photo to be posted at a time. Looks like I will have to post 1 photo at a time. I used "Hello" last year and I could post several photos at once.....with separate comments for each photo. Hello doesn't work with the new Blogger. Every other helper program I have used so far has problems.....usually photo sizing or format problems. I don't like the new system.....but I guess I will have to make due.

Daria said...

also the old way let you put up to like 5 pictures at a time i think. i could. it's a shame that the new version doesn't allow you to do that.

Daria said...

http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=41641&query=pictures&topic=&type=f

i don't know if you have the option of add another picture but you could post more than one at a time, but the wording would be awkward

Giantfan9 said...

Last year I used "bloggerbot" from within a program called "Hello" and could post several photos at a time, each with their own caption. Google disabled Bloggerbot because they want you to use Picasa to post the photos....but Picasa also only posts 1 at a time and it inserts Picasa'a logo below every photo.

Thanks for the info on multiple photos using this site. However, that seems to work only if you don't post captions. I had 4 photos in a test post, formated to all be in the left side with captions to the right. The "preview" of the post showed the correct format.....but when I published the post......the format was changed by the software, and the photos were put in random order and the captions were not adjacent to each photo.

Thanks for the info though.