Monday, March 02, 2009

Giants (5) at Royals (14)

This was just a horrible game. If it wasn't so sad....it would be funny. The Giants gave up 18 hits, 10 walks (TEN!!!!) and had 3 scored errors plus 3 more defensive miscues that weren't scored as errors. If it wasn't for the Royals trying to keep up with the Giants in the error category...the Giants would only have scored 2 runs (the other 3 were unearned). In the Giants 3 run inning, the Royals had 3 double play situations and had a total of 1 out to show for it. Try as they might....the Royals could not come CLOSE to paying as badly as the Giants.....but then who could?

I posted the photo to the left to show the attendance of this game. And this was in 3rd inning when it was still 3-3. Apparently, Spring Training fans knew what this game was going to be like and wisely stayed away. The announced attendance was 3,200. I have not been to a Spring Training game with this few people in 20 years.

OK......I am now going to finish this up and have a LARGE stiff drink. Tomorrow has to be better.....doesn't it?

5 comments:

lance aka lc said...

killer photos.

RPRR said...

Maybe I should cancel my trip down there....

hehe

Colby said...

Hank you are so funny. "I'm going to have a large stiff drink".

Anonymous said...

just remember GF9, however bad it was for you to be at that game, most of us were stuck in our offices all day and dodging a pretty mean rain storm.

So you know, if you want to trade places, just let me know.

Giantfan9 said...

Hey wjackalope......last year I went to 30 or so ST Games to watch a team that was 9-23-2. I went to 80 regular season games to watch a team that was 72-90 and I went to 25 Arizona Fall League games to watch a team that was 14-22. I think I am entitled to vent every now and again.