Sunday, February 19, 2006

February 19th, 2006 - The Players

One of the best things about the Open House is it allowed me to see a bullpen session for the first time this year. I had a great view of the gang bullpens and saw the below pitchers throwing their bullpen sessions. They all looked to be throwing well....although it is pretty hard to keep track of who is doing what when eight pitchers are all throwing side by side. I would imagine that is why they had six coaches for eight pitchers. At least it adds a slight degree of control to the situation.

The photos below are the only players I have throwing their bullpens. I have more than one shot of a couple of them......but no additional photos of different pitchers.

I didn't pay much attention to the remainder of the drills today. I spent too much time touring or watching the bullpen session. As I was leaving I did get a few more shots of the catchers taking BP again. Matheny was hitting the ball with a little more authority than yesterday and Greene was still hitting rockets. I included several photos above, just because I think they are better photos than the ones I posted of the same guys yesterday.

It was a good day at the old ballpark......of course.....is there such a thing as a BAD day at the ballpark????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hank, I don't know if you stayed for all of the catcher's BP, but it certainly got better as it went along. Greene did knock two out of the park, one into the visitors bullpen and then one up on to the grass behind the visitor's bullpen (pretty far).

After that, the catchers practiced fielding bunts and throwing the ball to first before everyone left. Beautiful day at the park.

Giantfan9 said...

Good to see you again Daniel. If I don't see you tomorrow, have fun in SD....do good in school.