Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Cactus League Stadiums

Posted below are four Cactus League ballparks. I was sure I had taken photos of every park, but I have not. I have taken photos IN every park, but I have not taken photos OF as many parks as I had thought.

The top three parks are three of the best parks in Arizona. Surprise, Peoria, Maryvale plus Scottsdale stadium are my four favorites. They are all beautiful fields that are always kept immaculate.

The bottom park, Hi Corbett Field, is one of my two least favorite parks. Phoenix Muni, where the A's play, is my other least favorite park. Hi Corbett is little more than a high school park with only four rows of box seats. It has one of the smallest (I believe THE smallest) capacities in the Cactus League. At least it does have some history. Hi Corbett used to be the spring home of the Cleveland Indians. It is where the Spring Training scenes from the movie "Major League" were shot.

I will try to remember to get photos of the other parks when March rolls around. I still need to add Phoenix Muni (A's), Tucson Electric Park (Diamondbacks & White Sox), Ho Ho Kam Park (Cubs) and (Tempe Diablo Angels). The only one I am not going to this year is Mesa.

By the way.....If you click on any of the photos, you will get a larger, clearer version.

No comments: